- Jim Bottorff's Banjo Page
- THE BANJO STYLE
- Return to Songs
- Scroll to bottom of this
- Click on pictures,
words and dots below to hear sound clips (mp3).
#1 Video #2 Video #3
- LP ALBUMS STARTING
FROM TOP CLOCKWISE:
- Click album
titles below to see record album covers. Click on
song names for music pages.
- BLUEGRASS BANJO PICKIN' - THE MOUNTAINEERS
- THE ORIGINAL SOUND FLATT & SCRUGGS
Cabin In Caroline"
- FOLK BANJO STYLES - TOM PALEY BANJO
Of January" aka "Battle of New Orleans"
- EDDIE PEABODY MR. BANJO'S BACK IN TOWN
Me And My Gal"
of St. Mary's"
You Wore A Tulip"
- MORE WACKY DOODLIN'S DOOWACKADOODLERS
- "Five Foot
Time In The Old Town Tonight"
- THE MICKEY FINN THEME AND OTHER FAVORITES - THE RAGTIMERS
- "My Gal
The Saints Go Marching In"
- BLUEGRASS BANJO WITH STRINGS - BILL McELHINEY ORCH.
& BOB JOHNSON
Bad" (Lonesome Road Blues)
Air" (Danny Boy)
- BLUEGRASS BANJOS ON FIRE - HOMER AND THE BARNSTORMERS
- MICKEY FINN'S AMERICA'S NO.1 SPEAKEASY - DON VAN PALTHA
- THE BANJO STYLE OF PERRY BECHTEL
of St. Mary's"
We Got Fun"
- SHAKEY'S PIZZA
- Jim with plectrum banjo Shakey's Songbook (pdf) Jim with 5-string
- The Banjo Style Collage
at the top of this page was made in 1967 from some of my LP record
- I was playing seven
nights a week with a piano player at Shakey's Pizza Parlor in
Knoxville, Tennessee (7355 Kingston Pike).
- This webpage includes
some of the songs I listened to and learned from during that
- Wow! What an assortment
of different ways to play the banjo.
- Following are some
YouTube videos that may be of interest:
Shakey's Commercial Shakey's Memory
- Return to top of page
- End of Page