Return to Songs
- The Bells Of St.
- Words by Douglas
Furber, Music by A. Emmett Adams - 1917
|Dm Am Dm Am
||Dm Am Bb Am
||F (C7 repeat)
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
or 8-beats for each cell (your choice), reading from left to
- The Bells Of St. Ma - ry's,
Ah! hear they are call - ing,
- The young loves, the true
loves, Who come from the sea,
- And so my be - lov
- ed when red leaves are fall - ing.
- The love - bells shall
ring out, Ring out for you and me.
- This song was made famous by
Bing Crosby in the film The Bells of St Mary's.
- The writers composed the song
after they heard the bells ringing in 1914.
- It was introduced into the
United States in 1917 and is the college song of the New York
State Maritime College.
Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org