- Play Chorus
- Sugar Blues
- Words by Lucy
Fletcher, Music by Clarence Williams - 1923
||F A7 Dm
||C E7 A7
||C E7 A7
||C (G7 to
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
for each cell, reading from left to right.
- Have you heard these blues
that I'm going to sing to you?
- When you hear them, they
will thrill you thru and thru.
- They're the sweetest blues
you ever heard. Now listen, and don't say a word.
- Sugar Blues, ev'rybody's
singing the Sugar Blues. The whole town is ringing.
- My lovin man's sweet as
he can be, but the doggone fool turned sour on me.
- I'm so unhappy, I feel so
bad, I could lay me down and die.
- You can say what you choose
but I'm all confused, I've got the sweet, sweet, Sugar Blues,
- I've got the sweet, sweet
to Harry Reser play "Sugar Blues" (youtube)
Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org