- Play Chorus
- Roses Of Picardy
- Music by Haydn
Wood, Words by Frederick Edward Weatherly - 1916
||C (to chorus)
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
for each cell, reading from left to right.
- This song is in the key of
- She is watching by the poplars,
Colinette with the seablue eyes,
- She is watching and longing
and waiting, Where the long white roadway lies.
- And a song stirs in the
silence, As the wind in the boughs above,
- She listens and starts and
trembles, 'Tis the first little song of love:
- "Roses are shining
in Picardy. In the hush of the silver dew,
- Roses are flow'ring in Picardy,
But there's never a rose like you!
- And the roses will die with
the summer time, And our roads may be far apart,
- But there's one rose that
dies not in Picardy! 'Tis the rose that I keep in my heart!"
- Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org