Return to Songs
- If I Could Be
- Words and Music
by Henry Creamer and Jimmy Johnson - 1926
||C (to chorus)
- 8-beat intro. Play 4-beats
for each cell, reading from left to right.
- Note: This song is in the key
of C, the chorus starts with a G7 chord.
- I'm so blue I don't know
what to do, All day long I'm pi - ning just for you,
I did wrong when I let you go a - way, For now I grieve
a - bout you night and day.
- I'm un - hap - py and dis
- sat - is - fied, But I'd be hap - py if I had you by
- If I could be with you I'd
love you strong, If I could be with you I'd love you long,
- I want you to know, I would
- n't go, Un - til I told you hon-ey why I love you
- If I could be with you one
hour to - night, If I were free to do the things we might,
- I'm tell - ing
you true, I'd be an - y - thing but
blue if I could be with you.
- Arranged by Jim Bottorff
- This Chord Chart
may not appear correctly with some browsers. It should
be viewed with a full size window.
- The chord names should
appear in single rows. Let me know of any problems.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org